Data Collection and Sharing Practices
Notice of California Consumer Data Collection and Sharing Practices
- We collect your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, and contact address when you create an account or contact us via the site. If you choose to create an account, you will also be asked to create a username, and we will assign one or more unique identifiers to your profile. We use this information to provide our services, respond to your requests, and send information and advertisements to you.
- We collect information you provide to us for our recruiter profiles and information from public sources for our content sites.
- We collect a unique numerical identifier, assigned to you by a first-party cookie, automatically when you use or services in order to identify you, provide our services, keep you logged in to our services, prevent fraud, and provide you with targeted information and offers.
- A service provider working on our behalf collects your payment information when you provide it to us, or to a service provider working on our behalf, when you complete a transaction. This information includes your credit card number or bank account number. You have the option to store this information to your account. We use this information to facilitate payments and transactions.
- We collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to identify you, gauge online activity on our website, measure the effectiveness of online services, applications, and tools, and serve targeted advertisements based on your online activities.
- We collect your device ID automatically when you use our Services. We use this information to monitor your use and the effectiveness of our Services, to identify you, and to provide you with targeted information and offers.
- If you sign up for one of our tournaments or other events we may ask you about information to facilitate your participation.
Protected Classifications: We collect your age in order to comply with laws that restrict collection and disclosure of personal information belonging to minors. We do not collect your gender, race, ethnic origin, disability status, and sexual orientation.
Commercial Information: When you engage in transactions with us, we create records of goods or services purchased or considered, as well as purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We use this information to measure the effectiveness of our services and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements, and offers.
Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: When you navigate to and use our Sites, we collect information such as your Internet domain, the domain of your Internet service provider, the date and time that you access the Site, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Site, and the pages you visit on our Sites.
Geolocation Data: As described above, we collect your IP address automatically when you visit our sites. We can determine your general location based on the IP address but do not collect your precise geolocation.
Audio or electronic information: If you contact us via phone, we may record the call. We will notify you if a call is being recorded at the beginning of the call.
Education information: We collect information about the schools you attend from public sources or directly from you if you create a recruiting profile.
Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics: We analyze your actual or likely preferences through a series of computer processes and add our observations to your internal profile. We use this information to gauge and develop our marketing activities, measure the appeal and effectiveness of our services, applications, and tools, and to provide you with targeted information, advertisements, and offers.
We may use any of the categories of information listed above for other business or operational purposes compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected.
We may share any of the above-listed information with Service Providers, which are external parties that we engage for business purposes and are restricted from using Personal Information for any purpose that is not related to our engagement.
On certain occasions, we also sell information to third parties. An external party may be considered a third party either because the purpose of sharing the Personal Information is not an enumerated business purpose under California law, or because our contract does not restrict them from using Personal Information for other purposes. To “sell” information means to disclose it to an external party for monetary or other benefit. We sell the following information:
- Personal Identifiers: We provide your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number to our advertising partners. We provide IP addresses and Device IDs to our online advertising partners.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information. We provide information about your Internet or other electronic network activity information to our online advertising partners.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics. We provide our observations about you to our advertising partners.
- Your school and athletic record. We provide content about you gathered from public sources to share with those who visit our Sites and your recruiting profile which you create with us to share with college coaches.